Veggie Tortilla Wrap
The first person to come up with this genius TikTok idea was Ell Carter & it’s been trending ever since! Here’s our vegetarian version which is so simple and so sedap! So forget the traditional way of making wraps, this way whatever you put inside, it’ll keep it all in!
Quick & Easy
|1 can Chickpeas (rinsed & drained)|
|1 tbsp Olive Oil|
|¼ tsp Sea Salt|
|¼ tsp Pepper|
|1 tbsp Lemon Juice|
|½ tsp Lemon Zest|
|¼ tsp Turmeric powder|
|¼ Red Pepper (thinly sliced)|
|1 stalk Celery (thinly sliced)|
|1 cup Goat Cheese (crumbled)|
|2 stalks Basil (leaves only)|
|½ cup Microgreens/Sprouts|
|4 pcs Tortilla Wraps (Whole wheat/Plain/Original)|
- Put the rinsed and drained chickpeas in a bowl and mash them with a fork or masher.
- Add in the olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest and turmeric powder and mix well, then set aside.
- Wash and slice the red pepper and celery. Remove the basil leaves from the stalk and cut some microgreens (of your choice).
- Cut the tortilla wrap from the outer edge to the centre.
- Fill each quarter of the wrap - chickpea mixture, celery & red pepper, basil & goat cheese and microgreens.
- Carefully fold over the first quarter of the tortilla, then the next until it is all folded neatly. Then place into a grill pan or toaster.
- Grill until the wrap has darkened grill marks and serve immediately.