Thai Steamed Fish
We’ve been doing some new things lately & today we’re sharing a superb recipe by @365daysrecipes who’s been one of our very loyal supporters 🙏.
Pla Gapong Neung Manao (Thai name for this dish 🇹🇭 ) is really easy to make yourself at home. It’s healthy too, as it’s steamed, then topped with a fragrant fresh salsa of hot chili, garlic, and coriander in a sweet sour lime juice. You can try this recipe using any filleted fish. Share with us what ur favourite fish would be!? Or share your recipes too if you’d like to be featured on @sedaptv !!
|500g - 600g Barramundi/Seabass Fish (Siakap)|
|3 stalks Lemongrass (bruised)|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 cup Chicken Stock|
|2 tbsp Brown Sugar|
|4 tbsp Key Lime juice|
|4 tbsp Fish Sauce|
|3 - 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)|
|5 Green Chilli Padi (chopped)|
|2 stems Coriander leaves|
|1 Spring Onions (chopped)|
|1 inch Celery (chopped)|
|1 inch Ginger (chopped)|
- Clean the fish, slit it in the middle and stuff it with lemongrass and rub with salt.
- Place the fish in the steamer on a plate & steam for 15 mins or until the white skin can be seen. Then set it aside on a serving plate.
- In a pot, boil the chicken stock then add in the sugar & set it aside.
- Add key lime juice, fish sauce, garlic, chilli padi, coriander, spring onions, celery & ginger into the stock.
- Pour the stock mix over the fish & serve.