Terung Masak Daging (Spicy Fried Beef & Eggplant)
First recipe of 2021, are you ready? 😍 Similar to another SedapTV favourite, this is an Eggplant dish with the addition of minsce beef. A combination that’s a real winner and maybe something we’ll add to our meal kits. Tell us what you think and follow us for more great recipes and hints this month!
Quick & Easy
|1 tbsp Cornstarch|
|3 tbsp Water|
|½ cup Cooking Oil|
|3 Pearl Eggplants (cut into 6)|
|1 tbsp Chilli Flakes|
|3 cloves Garlic (sliced)|
|2 Big Red Chilli (sliced)|
|1 inch Ginger (julienne)|
|250 g Ground Beef|
|1 tbsp Thick Soya Sauce|
|½ tbsp Light Soya Sauce|
|1 tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|1 tbsp Sesame Sauce|
|1 tbsp Sugar|
|1 stalk Spring Onion (cut)|
- Wash and cut the eggplants in half lengthways, and then into three.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water stir well and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the cooking oil and fry the eggplant until lightly browned on both sides. Remove them from the plan and drain on kitchen paper, then set aside.
- In the same frying pan with a little oil (remove half of the used oil), add the chilli flakes, garlic, red chillies & ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Then add the ground (minced) beef and cook until cooked (or all has change colour from red to brown) , then add thick soya sauce, light soya sauce, oyster sauce, sesame sauce and sugar. Stir together well until fully combined.
- Finally, add the pre-cooked eggplants, some of the spring onions and stir well. Garnish with more spring onions and serve.