It got it’s name from the pandan leaf casing, used to wrap this famous two layered tea time favourite, that resembles a traditional green lamp. Make your loved ones happy by making your very own homemade version, don’t worry if they don’t look perfect, because they’re definitely be yummy! 😄
|Ingredients for bottom layer:|
|4 Pandan Leaves|
|1 cup Water|
|½ cup Rice Flour|
|½ cup Sugar|
|½ tbsp Lime Water|
|Ingredients for top layer:|
|200ml Coconut Milk|
|2 tbsp Rice Flour|
|¼ tsp Salt|
- Cut the pandan leaves into a blended and add 1 cup of water and blend. Strain the pandan juice and put it back into a clean blender.
- Add in the rice flour, sugar and lime water and then blend until all smooth.
- Pour the pandan mixture into a pan and on low heat keep stirring until the mixture starts to bubble.
- Slowly add the pandan mixture into small containers (we used folded banana leaves but you could use small glasses or cups) - then set them aside
- In a clean blender, add the coconut milk, rice flour and salt - to make the top layer.
- Pour this mixture into a pan on low heat and stir until it starts to bubble.
- Carefully spoon the coconut mixture into the containers on top of the pandan mixture (which should have hardened slightly)
- Put the containers into a fridge and chill for about 3 hrs