This time, SedapTV brings a classic Italian recipe using only flour, sparkling grape juice and olive oil.
Step aside normal crackers! Make way for Taralli. Is it a cracker? A bread stick? Or pretzels? It’s all the above! This iconic Italian snack is your new Netflix-binging-companion.
|550g Italian 00 Flour|
|200ml Sparkling Grape Juice (Dry white wine)|
|120g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 x ¼ cup)|
|10g Fine Salt|
- In a mixer, use the hook & knead the flour, salt and oil and stir briefly until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Pour in sparkling grape juice & mix everything together and transfer the mixture to a pastry board & knead by hand for 10 minutes.
- Take off some small pieces of dough and shape them with your fingertips to form a 1 cm thick strip and about 12 cm long.
- Join the tips by folding one end over the other.
- Place the taralli on a tray lined with baking paper.
- In a pot of boiling water immerse a few pieces at a time using a skimmer.
- Once it rises to the surface, drain on a tray lined with a clean towel. Let it dry for about 1 minute.
- Transfer the pieces to a pan lined with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 190°c & bake for 40 minutes.
NB: You may also knead ingredients in a bowl with your hands