Don’t worry if you don’t have a tandoori oven or a BBQ grill, because we just made ours in a regular oven, with a sly trick to get that smokey flavour into the chicken too. You know you need to try this soon!
Quick & Easy
|4 skinless chicken legs or 8 drumsticks Marinade 1:|
|4cm Ginger (pound & squeeze)|
|2 cloves Garlic (pounded)|
|2 Tbsp Lime or Lemon juice|
|2 tsp Red Chilli powder|
|1 tsp salt|
|3 Tbsp Plain Yogurt|
|1 tsp Paprika|
|1 tsp Cayenne Pepper|
|½ tsp Turmeric Powder|
|1 tsp Garam Masala|
|1 tsp Salt|
|2 tbsp Ghee Garnish: 1 Onion (sliced), 2 limes (halved), Coriander Leaves (a few sprigs)|
- Rinse chicken then pat dry with paper towel.
- Make shallow cuts on the thick parts of the chicken - this helps marinade penetrate better.
- Mix Marinade 1 and pour it onto the chicken, make sure to put marinade in the cuts, then leave it for 30mins in a covered bowl.
- Add in all Marinade 2 ingredients and rub it all over each chicken piece well. Seal them in a ziplock bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Bring chicken back to room temperature and oven roast at 190℃ (approx 25 - 30mins), with a drizzle of melted ghee on both sides (or grill over low embers for 10-15mins per side). 6. Place cooked chicken in a bowl/pot, then put a small piece of heated coal on a small piece of foil and cover. Leave it for 2 mins.
- Serve the chicken with sliced onion and lime wedges.