Take a look at this!! Complete your meal with this dessert, which is a true #SweetDelight and a real feast for the eyes! Add extra indulgence to your dinner table, this super #quickandeasy to make recipe that you can prepare a few hours before dinner, to give it time to chill before serving.
|125g Icing Sugar|
|2 tbsp Lemon Juice|
|300g Shortbread Biscuits|
|250g Cream Cheese|
|2 tsp Vanilla Extract|
|300ml Double Cream or Whipping Cream|
- To make the strawberry coulis, cut 300g of the strawberries into small pieces & add them to a small pot with 100g icing sugar & lemon juice. Bring to a boil & then let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the heat & let it cool.
- To make the strawberry cheese filling, mash 180g of the strawberries in a bowl using a potato masher. Then add in 125g of cream cheese to the mashed strawberries & whisk them together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining cream cheese, icing sugar & vanilla extract. Set this aside as well.
- Next, whip up the double cream using a hand mixer until it forms soft peaks. Fold in half of the whipped cream into the strawberry cheese mixture & half into the cheese vanilla mixture.
- Place the shortbread biscuits into a ziplock bag & bash them into small pieces using a rolling pin.
- To assemble the trifle, place a substantial amount of bashed shortbread pieces in your trifle bowl. Then spoon in the strawberry & cheese fillings, layering them with the coulis, remaining strawberries (cut into halves & also whole) and also shortbread pieces. Continue layering until you have used up all your ingredients. Let your trifle chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.