Have you eaten Solok lada? Also known as “Lada Sumbat”or Stuffed Peppers/Chillies 🌶️ which are filled with a delish mix of fish meat and grated coconut 🥥 This is a very popular dish in Kelantan & Terengganu and often is eaten with Nasi Kerabu 😋 an absolute must-try!!!
|350g Fish Meat (Mackerel or Sardine)|
|3 Shallots (halved)|
|2 cloves Garlic|
|1 inch Ginger|
|1 tsp Black Pepper|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 ½ tbsp Sugar|
|4 tbsp Water|
|200g Solok Chillies (approx 18 chillies)|
|200ml Coconut Milk|
|80g Freshly Grated Coconut|
- Boil the fish in a pot then remove the bones, set aside the fish meat.
- Put the fish meat, shallots, garlic, ginger, black pepper, salt, sugar and water together in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the blended mixture into a bowl and add in the freshly grated coconut and mix well.
- Cut the chillies in the centre and remove the seeds.
- Then stuff the chillies with the mixture.
- Place the stuffed chillies into a pot and pour in the coconut milk & cover the pot & cook until the coconut milk has dried up, then turn off the heat and serve.