It’s the Weekend! This is a quick & easy recipe that you can make – it’s aromatic with a hint of both sour & spice! The ultimate comfort food after a long week & it doesn’t take long to cook at all 😍 The chicken can be interchanged with fish or made vegetarian 🥰 We hope you enjoy making this, do tag us if you do.
Quick & Easy
|3 cloves Garlic (sliced)|
|1 medium Onion (sliced)|
|1 inch Galangal (sliced)|
|1 inch Ginger (sliced)|
|1 inch Turmeric (sliced)|
|2 Lemongrass (bruised)|
|1.2 L Water|
|2 Red Chilli Padi|
|2 slices Tamarind Rind|
|1 medium Tomato (wedged)|
|700g Chicken (thigh & drumstick)|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 tsp Chicken Stock Granules|
|1 tbsp Budu|
|3 Green Chilli Padi|
|½ tsp Coriander Seed (pounded)|
- Thinly slice the onions, garlic, galangal, ginger & turmeric.
- Pound the ends of the lemongrass.
- Fill the pot with water & put in the sliced ingredients, lemongrass & 2 cili padi & bring to a boil.
- Put the tamarind rind, tomatoes & chicken into the pot & continue boiling for 5 mins.
- Add salt, budu, 3 cili padi, pounded coriander and chicken stock granules. Close the lid & let the chicken cook for another 15 mins.
- Serve hot with some white rice.