Don’t have the budget to go to that place you’ve heard about for Shell Out? Well, this is definitely your solution. Just choose your favourite seafood, a few
vegetables which you can boil or steam. Then make our awesome sauce to bind the flavours together.
|1 - 1½ kg Seafood (eg. Prawns, Squid, Crab, Lala, Clams, Cockles etc.)|
|Crab - 500g|
|2 cups Broccoli (cut into florets)|
|1 Carrot (sliced)|
|2 Corn (cut into 3pcs)|
|2 tsp Salt|
|6 cloves Garlic (Minced)|
|½ Holland Onion (Minced)|
|1-2 cups Sos Mahsuri|
|3 Rasa (mix with 1 cup water)|
|2 tbsp Cooking oil|
|2 stems Kaffir Lime Leaves|
|1 tbsp Corn Flour (mixed with hot water)|
|*(Optional) Garnish with Lemons (sliced/wedged) & Chilli Padi (slightly bruised)|
- In a pot of clean boiling water with 1 tsp salt, boil the prawns first, then remove, then boil the other seafood or shellfish and set them all aside.
- Boil or steam the corn until they’re cooked, then remove from the pot & set aside.
- Boil the broccoli & carrots for about 2 minutes then remove, drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, chop the garlic & cloves together
- In a wok heat up the cooking oil then add in the chopped onions and garlic and fry until fragrant.
- Add in the mixed Sos Mahsuri 3 Rasa and stir well.
- Add in the kaffir lime leaves and stir, then add in the cornflour to thicken the sauce, and add 1 tsp salt then allow it to cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add all the seafood into the wok and stir for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Pour the seafood mixture onto the table (use waxed paper or banana leaves as covering) then add the cooked vegetables.