Don’t have the budget to go to that place you’ve heard about for Shell Out? Well, this is definitely your solution. Just choose your favourite seafood, a few vegetables which you can boil or steam. Then make our awesome sauce to bind the flavours together.
|Ingredients to blend (1st group) :|
|½ cup Dried Prawns (soaked)|
|5 Dried Chillies|
|6 cloves Garlic|
|5 Red (M) Onions|
|1 inch Ginger|
|1 inch Belacan|
|Ingredients (2nd group) :|
|2 stems Curry leaves|
|4 cloves Garlic (finely cut)|
|4 Red (M) Onions (finely cut)|
|2 Tbsp Butter|
|½ cup Cooking Oil|
|1 inch Ginger (finely cut)|
|Ingredients (3rd group):|
|3 Tbsp Fish Curry Powder|
|2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|½ Tsp Black Pepper|
|1 Tbsp Chicken Stock|
|2 Tbsp Fish Sauce|
|Seafood: Prawns, Squid, Crab, Clams, Mussels, Cockles, Lala (Soft Shell Clam)|
- Blend the first group of ingredients, set aside.
- Add the second group of ingredients into a wok and fry gently until fragrant.
- Add in the blended mix into the wok.
- Then gradually add the ingredients in the 3rd group to the wok and allow to simmer gently. Adding the sugar and salt to taste (check it regularly and adjust).
- Boil some water in a pot (add a little salt), then when boiling add in all the seafood gradually and boil for about 3 mins.
- Meanwhile, boil or steam the vegetables in another pot.
- Then add the seafood into the wok and mix gently so fully covered with the chilli sauce.
- Finally add in the vegetables and serve hot with some rice or steamed buns.