This traditional & flaky kuih is a must-have during the Hari Raya season! It is made with simple and easy to find ingredients, and almost anyone can make them with this easy to follow recipe. We love this version where we’ve added a hint of saltiness with some parmesan and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese 🧀 so it balances out the sweetness of this crumbly biscuit. This is a truly sedap kuih which tastes amazing
|250g Unsalted Butter (softened to room temperature)|
|100g Icing Sugar|
|1 tsp Vanilla Essence|
|175g Corn Flour|
|100g Custard Powder|
|100g Plain Flour|
|25g Parmesan Cheese (grated)|
|1 tsp Colouring (*Optional)|
|½ cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)|
- Mix the softened butter, vanilla essence and sieved icing sugar in a bowl until well combined
- Add in the cornflour, custard powder and plain flour then mix well
- Add in the parmesan cheese and mix well again into a soft dough
*Optional - add a drop of colouring to half of the mixture and knead the dough until all the colour is evenly spread.
- Preheat the oven to 150deg Celcius.
- Take a bit of the dough, then roll it into a long sausage shape and place into the cookie press. On a greased baking tray, press out each piece to about 3 inch lengths or as desired.
- Sprinkle a little cheddar cheese on top of the cookies, then bake for 20-25 mins.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container