Padprik or Paprik (as its more known in Malaysia) is a dish that originated from Thailand, where ‘Pad’ means stir fry and ‘prik’ means chilli. Our seafood padprik recipe is very simple & we guarantee delicious results! The aroma is sure to trigger anyone’s appetite. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe out, Aroy mak mak!!
|2 tbsp Chilli Paste|
|2 tbsp Tomato Sauce|
|2 tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|2 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce|
|1 tsp Fish Sauce|
|1 Holland Onion (sliced)|
|½ Carrot (sliced)|
|6 florets Cauliflower|
|3 tbsp Water|
|2 Squid (sliced)|
|8 pcs Prawns (deveined)|
|120g Oyster Mushrooms|
|1 Red Chilli (sliced)|
|3 Green Chilli Padi (slice across)|
|4 Kaffir Lime Leaves (remove stem)|
|4 Long Beans (cut into 1 inch)|
- In a bowl, mix chilli paste, tomato sauce, oyster sauce, sweet soy sauce & fish sauce.
- Heat a saucepan with 2 tbsp cooking oil & fry the holland onion until fragrant.
- Add the sauce mix & cook for 1 minute. Then add carrots, cauliflower & water to reduce the thickness of the padprik sauce. Let it simmer for 1 minute.
- Next, put in the squid & prawns. Cook until the prawn turns red & add mushrooms.
- Then add red chillies, green chilli padi and kaffir lime leaves.
- Finally, add the long beans and cook for another 2 minutes & remove from heat to serve.