Perfect if you’ve had a busy start to the week coz it’s fast & simple, plus we made it healthier with brown sugar in the marinade…. and it can be grilled in your oven, so less fat equals “eat more”! – Sorry we rushed the Kuah Kacang part (excited to ‘makan’ quickly today) but do let it cook & simmer for a while pls.
Quick & Easy
|1 pound boneless, skinless Chicken breast* (cut into 1-inch strips)|
|1 tsp Brown Sugar|
|1 tbsp freshly grated Ginger|
|3 cloves of Garlic, minced|
|1 tsp Curry powder|
|1 cup Coconut milk|
|2 stalks fresh Lemongrass (thinly sliced)* optional|
|2 tbsp Oil|
|4 cloves Garlic|
|2 inch Ginger|
|6 Dried chillies (blend with water to make a paste)|
|1 cup roasted Peanuts (gently pounded in a pestle & mortar)|
|½ cup Water|
|2 tbsp Palm sugar (Gula Melaka)|
- To make the peanut sauce: Heat some oil, add in the shallots, garlic, ginger, chilli paste and cook a few minutes
- Add the grounded roasted peanuts, and stir in the water.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more water as needed until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, ginger, garlic, curry powder and coconut milk ( add in some lemon grass, if using).
- Mix in the chicken and marinate for at least 15mins (if you have the patience to wait for 1 hour even better!). Stir occasionally to make sure the marinade reaches all the chicken pieces.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Place chicken skewer in a single layer and grill until cooked through, about 5 mins per side
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce.