This dish is very familiar to Sarawakians and now been made quite popular to West Malaysians too, so we’re excited to share this SedapTV version for those who want to give it a try.
|6 tbsp Cooking oil|
|1 packet Kueh Teow|
|2 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce|
|4 cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)|
|7 large Prawns (shelled)|
|1 Chicken Breast (cubed)|
|1 cup Chicken Stock|
|3 tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|1 can Tomato Sauce|
|1 can Tomato Puree|
|1 cup Water|
|3 tbsp Cornstarch|
|1 cup Spinach or Choy Sum(*Optional)|
|1 Carrot (sliced)|
|pinch White Pepper|
- First take out the Kuey Teow from the packet, loosen the noodles properly and then fry with 3tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add some sweet soy sauce and a little splash of water. After frying, set aside.
- Add the rest of the oil in the wok, and fry the garlic, then add the prawns and chicken until half-cooked.
- Then add chicken stock, oyster sauce, tomato sauce & puree then continue to stir till cooked.
- Add corn flour and water, then you may add spinach/choy sum and white pepper.
- When it’s all done, pour the tomato seafood sauce onto the kueh teow.
There are variations to this recipe but we like keeping things simple. But feel free to add your preferred seafood like squid, or other vegetables too. Some also prefer less tomato sauce as some might find it too sweet.