We want to share this great recipe with you, which takes a little effort to prepare but we promise it will be worth it. Some may argue about the ingredients not being authentic, but in this great wide world of food, we’ve added a few things to make it our own SedapTV way.
|Ingredients for Laksa Broth|
|1 packet Laksa paste (get the best available brand)|
|2 tbsp Chicken stock|
|1 litre Water|
|400 ml Coconut milk|
|1 tbsp Salt|
|2 tbsp Tamarind paste (with a little water)* optional|
|100 g Gula Melaka|
|Condiments for Laksa:|
|½ packet Rice vermicelli noodles, cooked and drained|
|1 seasoned Chicken breasts|
|6 large Prawns with tail|
|2 Eggs, fried omelette-style, cut into thin strips|
|1 cup Bean sprouts, cleaned & washed|
|1 Lime, halved|
|1 handful Kesum Leaves|
|fresh Cilantro leaves|
|1 tbsp Sambal (1 tsp Belacan, 3tbsp Blended Chili)|
- Boil the chicken breasts in the pot, then take it out and shred them. Set aside.
- In the same pot of water, boil the prawns, remove when cooked.
- Remove prawn heads and remove the shells, set aside.
- Put Laksa Paste into a pot stir and add kesum leaves.
- Add the chicken stock and prawn shells, and cook until it boils
- Add Tamarind paste, salt & sugar and then the coconut milk
- Cook until the broth becomes fragrant and then leave it to simmer for 30mins
- Sieve the spices and shells out of the broth
- Put some cooked rice vermicelli in a bowl, add the shredded chicken, bean sprouts, omelet strips (note below) and prawns, then pour the laksa soup over the ingredients. Garnish with coriander leaves, fried onions, sambal and a squeeze of lime.
Not shown in our Video : Beat eggs and fry a thin omelette, then cut into strips.