Did u have a long day at the office, and no energy to think of what to cook? Dont worry, SedapTV is here to give u ideas on simple yet delicious food. We got your back! ❤
Sambal Telur is not only easy to make, it’s budget friendly too!! Just serve it with hot rice and kicap manis (sweet soy sauce), PERFECT!
|1 medium Red Onion|
|150g of Shallots|
|10 Garlic Cloves|
|5 big Red Chillies|
|3 Chili Padi (remove seeds for a milder version)|
|1 tbsp Chicken Stock (optional*)|
|1 big Tomato (optional*)|
|½ cup water|
|3 big Red Chillies (pounded)|
|1 Red Onion (sliced into rings)|
|6 (hard boiled) Eggs|
|1 tsp Salt|
|1 cup of Cooking Oil|
- Make chilli paste : Blend together 1 onion, shallots, garlic, 5 big red chilies, 3 red chili padi, chicken stock, tomato and water until it becomes a smooth paste
- In a wok, heat up 1 tbsp of oil and lightly fry hard boiled eggs until golden brown & then set aside.
- Pound 3 big red chillies, and set aside
- Heat the remainder of oil in a wok and fry 1 (sliced) onion until lightly transparent, then add pounded chillies for 1 min.
- Add the blended chilli paste, salt and chicken stock and cook until fragrant or til oil separates
- Add sugar and salt
- Cook for 2 mins then add in eggs.