Canned sardines are one of Malaysia’s local favourites, so we’re going to show you how to bring them to a whole new delicious level to be enjoyed with rice, bread or even naan. But please don’t worry if you’re missing a couple of ingredients, even with just half of those listed you’ll still enjoy a super satisfying meal.
|1 tin/425g Sardine (in tomato sauce)|
|1 stalk Lemongrass (bruised)|
|3 cloves Garlic|
|2 Big Tomatoes|
|½ tsp Salt|
|2 tbsp Chili powder|
|1/4 tsp Turmeric powder|
|1 tsp Sugar|
|2 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|½ Lemon juice 1 Big Onion|
- In a deep pan or wok, heat the cooking oil, fry the shallots, lemongrass and garlic until fragrant.
- Then add the tomatoes and salt, cook until they turn soft.
- Add the chili powder and turmeric powder, stir for 2 minutes.
- Then add the sardine (include the sauce from the in too), sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the big onion, water and cook for 2 minutes.