Sambal Ikan Bilis
Running out of ideas on what to cook? Try our Sambal Kentang & Ikan Bilis recipe, it’s truly a Malaysian household favourite which can be eaten with rice, noodles or our team’s favourite… bread! If you make a few batched keep it in an airtight container for you to enjoy anytime later this week again too
Quick & Easy
|5 Chilli padi|
|2 small Red Onions|
|1 Big Chilli|
|2 cloves Garlic|
|1 cup Ikan Bilis|
|1 Big Onion|
- Put Chillies, onions and garlic into a pestle & mortar (or blender) and pound.
- On low heat fry the potato wedges in some oil until they are lightly browned, then remove them from the pan
- Then fry the anchovies (pre-washed) in the same oil, and when they are crispy remove them from the pan. In a clean pan, add 3 tablespoons of the oil from earlier and heat up on medium heat
- Fry the onions until they have softened, then add the chilli mixture and stir for 2 mins.
- Finally add in the fried potatoes and anchovies and mix well for 2 minutes