Rice Stuffed Roast Chicken
Everyone loves roasted chicken. But we’ve decided to still keep things still Malaysian, and stuffed ours with some Sedap fried rice. Once it’s out of the oven, you can enjoy tender juicy chicken cuts with steaming hot rice. A really delicious combination!!
Quick & Easy
|3 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|3 Shallots (Small Red Onions)|
|2 Garlic Cloves|
|2 tsp Chicken Stock|
|1 tbsp Light Soya Sauce|
|1 Spring Onion|
|2 cups Cooked Rice|
|1 Big red chilli|
|5 Red Onions|
|4 Garlic Cloves|
|1 inch Ginger|
|1 tsp Chilli powder|
|1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder|
|1 tsp Coriander Powder|
|1 tsp Cumin Powder|
|1 tsp Fennel Powder|
|1 tsp Chicken Stock|
|1 tsp Black Pepper|
|1 tsp Salt|
- In a wok heat up the oil and add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Then add cooked rice and gently toss over medium heat. Add the chicken stock and light soya sauce. Make a small hole in the centre of the rice and one egg and mix in with the rice.
- Finally add the red chilli and spring onion. Toss and set aside.
- Blend onions and garlic and place in a bowl. Then add the other rub ingredients above.
- Wash and dry the chicken. Rub with a generous amount of butter and make sure to cover all the areas around the legs and wings.
- Carefully stuff the chicken with the fried rice until completely full. Then tie the legs and the wings tightly.
- Place the chicken on a baking rack and generously spread the rub all over.
- Preheat an oven to 175c, place in the oven to roast for one and a half hours or until the temperature is 75c.
- Carve, serve and pour some gravy for added flavour.