This recipe will guide you how to make a perfect pot pie loaded with flavour – rendang pot pie! It’s flaky & buttery crust blends well with a savoury rendang daging filling from MyChef. The filling can be tweaked to your liking, suitable for non meat eaters! This is a definite hit when served to guests!
|4 tbsp Unsalted Butter|
|4 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|4 tbsp All Purpose Flour|
|1 cup Water|
|2 Large Potatoes (diced)|
|1 cup Mixed Vegetables (frozen)|
|½ tsp Salt|
|¼ tsp Black Pepper|
|1 pkt Rendang Daging (MyChef)|
|200 ml Coconut Milk|
|½ tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)|
|4 Puff Pastry Sheet|
|1 Egg (beaten, for egg wash)|
- Melt the butter in a large pot, add the cooking oil and stir. Add flour and whisk to ensure there are no lumps.
- Cook this mixture for 5-10 minutes on low heat while continuously stirring.
- Add the potatoes, mixed vegetables, season with the salt, pepper, coconut milk and chilli flakes (optional). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the Rendang Daging to the sauce and stir well.
- Roll out the puff pastry, with a bit of flour on your work surface, to ensure the pastry doesn’t stick. Use your bowl as a guide to cut your pastry, making it one inch larger than the bowl/ramekin/pot used.
- Beat the egg in a small dish and brush the egg wash on the edges or rim of your pot/bowl. Lay your pastry over the top, being careful not to over stretch the pastry. Seal the edges of the pastry by lightly pushing down onto the rim of your dish to make sure it is secure. Then brush the top of the pastry and sides with more egg wash.
- Place your pot pies on a baking tray and bake for 25-35 minutes. Until your pastry is a nice golden dark brown.