Are you in the mood for some rendang, but want to find a new way to enjoy it? We’re sharing this deliciously simple recipe just for you, where a burger is a fusion of East meets West! Seriously Sedap!
|250g Ground beef|
|2 tbsp Rendang Sauce|
|½ tsp Big Red chilli (chopped)|
|½ tsp Big Green chilli (chopped)|
|2 tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Big Onion (caramelized)|
|½ tsp Salt|
|Mayonnaise (to taste)|
|Big Tomato (sliced)|
|Fried egg (optional)|
- In a large pan, add the oil and start frying the onion on medium heat. Fry for about 7 mins then add a little water and continue to cook until caramelized.
- Put the ground (minced) beef in a bowl then add the Rendang sauce and mix well. Then add the chopped red and green chillies.
- Divide the beef to make two round burger patties, and set aside.
- In a small pan, fry 1 egg sunny side up. (optional)
- Butter top and bottom and toast in the pan.
- Finally, cook the patty on both sides for 5 mins (or longer if you like it well done.
- Assemble your burger with your favourite sauces and fillings.
This recipe will make 2 burger patties, so you can have a double layered burger or keep it for next time.