A favourite in Malaysia and Indonesia, Rempeyek can be made according to your own taste. Some may add anchovies, lentils or green beans to this mixture so feel free to make your own versions and share them with us.
|500 g Rice Flour|
|3 tbsp Plain Flour|
|2 cup Peanuts (cut in half)|
|1 tsp Turmeric Powder|
|1 tbsp Salt|
|1 tbsp Coriander|
|1 tbsp Chicken Stock|
|10 Kaffir Lime Leaves (*optional)|
|200 ml Coconut Milk|
|2 cups Water|
|Oil (enough to fill 3⁄4 of your wok)|
- 1. Blend Candlenuts and Garlic together, set aside
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, add turmeric, salt, coriander, chicken stock, lime leaves, coconut milk, and water
- Whisk briskly making sure there are no lumps.
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick wok on high
- When the oil is hot carefully scoop some of the mixtures into a ladle and drop a few peanuts in.
- Gracefully and gently pour the mixture against the sides of the wok
- Allow it to fry until crispy and lightly browned while continuing to pour oil onto it
- Remove the rempeyek pieces carefully when cooked and place onto kitchen tissue to drain
- Continue to do this until you’ve used up all the mixture.