|5 cloves of Garlic|
|1 cup Chilli Paste|
|4 tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|1 lb Prawns (peeled and cleaned)|
|2 tbsp Sugar|
|1 tbsp Palm Sugar|
|1½ tsp Salt (or to taste)|
|30 g Tamarind Paste|
|1 medium Onion (sliced)|
- Peel & clean the prawns
- Blend garlic, shallots, and chilli paste with ½ cup of water until smooth.
- In a medium sized pot, heat vegetable oil. Add blended chilli paste. Stir until simmering.
- Add sugar, salt, tamarind paste, and palm sugar. Stir until fragrant.
- Add prawns and stir until well mixed.
- Place lid onto the pot and continue to simmer for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add sliced onions.
- Cook for another 5 to 6 mins and serve.
Notes: Adjust the spiciness to your preference by adding or reducing the amount of chilli paste.