This is a winner for a perfectly easy bite-sized afternoon snack. A combination of being crispy on the outside and soft doughy inside makes it so addictive with each bite. Serve this with your favourite sauce and a cup of hot tea!
|1 ear of corn, shucked, kernels cut off the cob, or vegetable or your choice|
|300 g Prawns, shelled and deveined|
|1 Stalk Spring Onion chopped|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|20 small round gyoza wrappers|
|Soy sauce for dipping|
- In a sieve over a bowl add the flour, baking powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and sift.
- Then break the egg and add water, mix well to form a batter. You may need to add a little more water so it becomes smooth. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Peel and devein the prawns then chop them finely, then add to the batter from earlier and mix well.
- In a wok, heat some oil and slowly scoop the batter to form the fritter. Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.