SedapTV loves to help you choose great tasting yet healthy food. This time we want to add more vegetables to your diet by showing you how easy it is to make fabulously fresh Popiah, without frying.
|1 Turnip (Sengkuang)|
|1 cup Peanuts|
|6 Dried Chilies|
|2 blocks Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka)|
|½ cup Hoisin Sauce|
|1 pkt Popiah skin|
|1 cup Fried Shallots|
|1 cup Coriander Leaves|
- Cut and peel the turnip & carrot and julienne (or thinly slice) , do the same with the cucumber
- Place the peanuts in a pestle & mortar and pound till they are quite fine (you can also use a blender and pulse)
- Place the peanuts in a pestle & mortar and pound til they are quite fine (you can also use a blender and pulse)
- Place the other block of palm sugar into a pot with 4 glasses of boiled water, allow it to simmer and keep stirring, then add in the turnip and leave for about 10 minutes until the turnip has softened.
- Take one piece of popiah skin and spread on a spoonful of hoisin sauce, then add all the other ingredients on top.
- Roll up the popiah carefully, folding both sides to avoid spillage
- Serve and eat immediately to enjoy the freshness & texture of the mixed vegetables.
Notes: You can always add some chicken or prawns into this recipe but this version is simply filled with vegetarian goodness.