Bite-sized, crispy and juicy… the perfect combo that will definitely satisfy your munchy cravings! So versatile, you can pop them in a bowl and treat them as a snack to dip in your favourite sauce, or even add them to a salad. We’ll leave it to your creativity, but as always we aim to make everything simple and #konfemsedap.
|250 g Chicken Thigh (cut in small cubes)|
|1 cup Corn Starch|
|1 tsp Salt|
|¼ tsp Black Pepper|
|2 cloves Garlic (grated)|
|1 inch Ginger (minced)|
|1 tsp Sugar|
|1 tbsp Soy Sauce|
|1 tsp Oyster Sauce Cooking Oil|
- Marinate the chicken thigh pieces in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce and oyster sauce for 30 minutes.
- Heat up about 2-3 inches of oil (enough to cover the chicken) in a pan or pot on medium heat.
- Coat the chicken with cornflour and shake off the excess, then place them into the oil carefully and fry for 3-5 mins until it is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and let them drain in a strainer, then fry them again for another 2 minutes and drain once again.
- Place the popcorn chicken on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Finally serve with your favourite sauce.