Yup, you got that right – we’re putting sambal and pizza together for flavours of the East to mix with the West. A fab combo of spicy sambal, melted cheese, and home-made dough: oh my goodness! This simple pizza dough base recipe works well in a stove as well as in the oven, and you can put any other toppings that you desire.
Quick & Easy
|2 Cups All-Purpose Flour*|
|T Tsp Instant Dried Yeast|
|2 Tbsp Sugar|
|1/4 Tsp Salt|
|T Tbsp Olive Oil|
|1 Cup Luke Warm Water|
|2 Tbsp Sambal|
|160g (Small Tin) Tomato Puree|
|6 Large Prawns (Deveined & Butterflied)|
|½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese|
|½ Big Chillies (Red/Green)|
|¼ Big Onion|
|2 Button Mushrooms|
- In a large bowl add the flour, yeast, salt and sugar and mix well, Then add the wet ingredients, olive oil and water. Mix well then knead to form a ball. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hour.
- Take out from the bowl and knead for a few more minutes. You then cut in half and place in a 9" pan. Poke with a fork. Cover and cook one side on low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove from the heat and turn over.
- Spread the Sambal sauce evenly, add some parmesan cheese.
- Continue the topping with the prawns and the rest of the toppings. Sprinkle a bit more cheese.
- Put the pan back on low heat, cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Halfway you may lift the pizza and check the crust to make sure you don't overcook it.
*NB: If you have bread flour this will give you a crispier crust, whereas plain flour will be a bit chewier. The dough is enough for 2 x 9inch pizzas. Keep half the dough in a container to make within 3 days.