🇮🇹 = Green Basil, White Mozzarella and Red Tomato Sauce. Put all these ingredients on a delicious flattened dough and you’ll get…. an authentic Italian Pizza Margherita! A #sosimplesedap homemade pizza recipe to anytime anyday!
|1.5g Instant Yeast|
|300ml Water (room temperature)|
|200g Manitoba Flour|
|300g Italian 00 Flour|
|1 tbsp Fine Salt|
|4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|400g Galbani Mozzarella Cheese|
|500g Cirio Passata Tomato Puree|
|1 tbsp Dried Oregano Fresh Basil|
- In a small bowl, add the yeast & water. Stir to mix them well.
- Combine the 00 flour & Manitoba flour together into the stand mixer bowl. Attach the hook attachment and turn on the mixer to medium-low speed then carefully pour in the yeast mixture.
- Next add ½ tbsp salt and gradually add 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. Continue to mix about 8 - 10 minutes until the dough is well combined.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and knead it gently until it becomes a smooth ball. Then put it back into a bowl & cover it with cling wrap. Let the dough proof for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer the proofed dough, that has doubled in size, onto a flat, floured surface and divide it in two. Then tuck the edges under to make them into two smooth balls & cover them with a clean towel. Let the dough balls rest for another 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C & prepare the sauce and toppings.
- Break apart or cut the mozzarella cheese & place it on a sieve to remove the excess brine/moisture.
- To make the sauce, mix tomato puree, the remaining 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp salt & 1 tbsp dried oregano in a bowl, and set aside.
- Dust a little flour on the surface and start rolling out one ball of dough until you have reached the size & thickness you desire. Do the same with the second dough ball.
- Grease the pizza pan with a little bit of olive oil & place the rolled out dough on the pan. Then spread some tomato sauce on the dough & bake in the oven for 6-7 mins.
- Take out the pizza & then spread some of the mozzarella cheese on top before returning it back into the oven for another 6-7 mins.
- Remove the pizza from the oven & garnish with some fresh basil leaves.