Pandan Chiffon Cake is known for its soft & fluffy texture. It should also be moist with a fragrant flavour from the use of fresh Pandan juice. Coconut milk and coconut oil add even more depth to this rather special cake. You need to make this with some TLC especially when whisking the eggs and folding in the flour, but we assure you it’ll be worth it.
|5 Eggs (separate yolks and whites)|
|100ml Coconut Milk|
|5 Pandan Leaves (Extract pandan juice)|
|3 Drops Green Food Colouring|
|100g Cake flour|
|1 Tsp Baking powder|
|1 ½ Tsp Salt|
|70ml Coconut Oil|
- In a large bowl beat 5 egg yolks and 20g of sugar until creamy.
- Add the 100ml coconut milk and mix it well. Then add 5 tbsp of pandan juice extract from the leaves, 4 drops of green food colouring and mix well.
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and ½ tsp salt into the mix and mix well until no lumps are left. Then add the 70ml coconut oil, mix well, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add 5 egg whites and with a hand mixer mix the eggs, then add 1 tsp of salt and 60g of sugar continue mixing until thick enough to form a peak. Do not over mix.
- Then slowly fold the meringue in the batter until well incorporated. Place in a cake mold. Tap slightly to release any air bubbles if any.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour at 150℃.