You don’t need to be Popeye to appreciate Spinach! Palak Paneer is one of the most popular dishes originating from Northern India. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is simply cooked in some brilliantly blanched & blended Spinach, to which flavourful spices are then added, making it so quick and easy to enjoy.
Eat it with some basmati rice, Naan bread, or chapatis and you’re sorted for a healthy green meal! Please tag us @sedaptvmalaysia if you make this ok so that we too can share your kitchen stories.
|1/2 Cup Water|
|180g Paneer Cheese (cubed)|
|1 Tbsp Butter|
|1 Tbsp Oil|
|2 Big Onion|
|6 Cloves Garlic|
|1 ½ tsp Cumin Seeds|
|2 Dry Chili|
|1 Tomato (Big)|
|1 ½ Tsp Salt|
|1 ½ Tsp Garam Masala|
|½ Tsp Turmeric|
|2 Tbsp Heavy Cream|
- Blanch the spinach for 10s in boiling water and cool down in a bowl of ice-cold water.
- Blend spinach until a smooth add a bit of water to aid blending, set aside.
- Lightly fry cubed paneer cheese in a pan till lightly browned.
- In a pot, add oil and butter, then add onion, cumin seeds, dry chillis, turmeric & garlic till fragrant.
- Add in diced tomato, garam masala, salt and mix well for 2 mins.
- Add in blended spinach cook until thickened.
- Add in the paneer cheese, stir gently on low heat, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in heavy cream and stir gently for another minute.