Here’s a recipe for something you’re surely missing from your favourite hawker stall 😋 A dish of Hokkien & Teochew origin, made with a layer of batter, well seasoned eggs and decked with a decadent cup full of oysters! The result is an omelette of crispy edges & the perfect balance of #delish flavours
| Batter Mixture: |
3 tbsp Tapioca Flour
1 tbsp Rice Flour
¼ tsp Salt
| Egg Mixture: |
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
4 large Eggs (beaten)
¼ tsp Pepper
|100g Frozen Oyster Meat (approx 15pcs)|
|3 cloves Garlic (chopped)|
|1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce|
|1 stalk Spring Onion (chopped)|
|1 Big Red Chilli (sliced)|
- Make egg mixture with eggs, fish sauce & pepper and whisk well.
- Mix tapioca flour, rice flour, salt with water, and stir well, for the batter.
- Heat up a pan with 2 tbsp cooking oil & pour in the flour batter mix.
- Once it is half cooked and has hardened slightly, add half of the egg mixture on top.
- Break up the mixture and let it cook until it is slightly crispy at the edges.
- Then make a space in the centre & add 1 tbsp oil, then add in the garlic.
- Once slightly browned and fragrant, add in the oysters, light soya sauce and the balance of the egg mixture then continue to fry until the egg is fully cooked.
- Add some spring onions and cut red chillies for garnish.