This fun and easy recipe to brighten up your usual Nasi! This simple recipe, is packed with a buttery flavour + smells soooo sedap. Often eaten with Ayam Masak Merah & Kuah Dalca (check out those recipes on our app or website). 😍 Try making this with your little ones!
|3 cup Basmati Rice|
|2 Red Onions [Blended]|
|2 clove Garlic [Blended]|
|2 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|2 tbsp Butter|
|1 pc Cinnamon Stick|
|2 whole Cardamom|
|2 whole Star Anise|
|3 whole Cloves|
|2 pc Pandan Leaf [Knotted]|
|250 ml Evaporated Milk|
|500 ml Water|
|30 gram Raisin|
|1 tbsp Salt|
|1 pc Chicken Stock [Cube]|
|Food Colouring [eg. red, green, blue]|
- Soak rice for 30 minutes & drain.
- Blend red onions & garlic into paste.
- In a pot, heat cooking oil & butter. Fry cinnamon stick, cardamom, star anise & cloves until fragrant.
- Next add in the onion & garlic paste & fry until fragrant, then add in the knotted pandan leaves.
- Pour in the evaporated milk, water, raisins & salt and stir well.
- Then add in the drained rice and cover the pot to cook for 10 minutes, then crumble in the chicken stock and stir well.
- Cover the pot and continue cooking the rice for another 10 minutes.
- Dip one chopstick into one colour, then poke it into rice (repeat for each colour), then let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Finally gently mix and fluff the rice to serve with other complimentary dishes like rendang and pickles.