This delicious glutinous rice snack is coated with crushed peanuts and sesame seeds, and is a popular street snack across the globe 🌍 It’s the Chinese version of mochi & making it is actually really easy! Traditionally they’re made plain, but now they’re found in flavours such as pandan, mango & even lychee.
|1/2 CUP Glutinous Rice Flour|
|1/4 TSP Sea Salt|
|1 TBSP Peanut Oil|
|7 TBSP ( 1/3 CUP) Water|
|1/2 CUP Roasted Peanuts (Finely Ground)|
|2 TBSP Cane Sugar|
|1 TBSP Toasted Sesame Seeds (Optional)|
- Pound the roasted peanuts lightly, then mix in the sugar well and set aside
- Mix the glutinous rice flour, sea salt, peanut oil and water in a bowl
- Using a non-stick pan pour in the flour mixture and put it on low heat
- Keep stirring until it starts to thicken, and it will form into a smooth dough after about 4 mins.
- Remove the dough from the heat and then using lightly coated scissors, cut the dough into smaller pieces and put into the peanut mixture and coat them well.
- Work quite quickly while the dough is still hot, and serve immediately in small bowls. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds if desired.