Thank you to our friends at Just Heavenly for sharing this great recipe for these rather special Mooncakes with us.
|500 g QQ Snowskin (available at bake stores like Bake with Yen, etc)|
|28 g Shortening|
|390 g Water|
|Red Velvet Filling;|
|300 g Red Velvet Cake, Just blend it into rough crumbs (|
|100 g Cheese Frosting (Use your favourite)|
|Black Sesame Filling;|
|300 g Black Sesame Powder|
|300 g Icing Sugar|
|150 g Oil|
- Boil the water and add the shortening and bring to a bubbling boil. Turn off the fire.
- Add the QQ snowskin mix and stir until it forms a ball
- Add the desired colouring and chill for at least 4 hours
- Each medium-sized mooncake uses 20g of snowskin, You can use more if you'd like a thicker skin.
- Any type of cake crumbs with the frosting/ganache till it can form a ball.
- Each ball weighs in at 30g and flattens it. Make sure the cake is chilled not warm.
- Pipe the filling into the moulds and freeze it or chill for 2 hours so its nice and cool and form into balls. So it’s easier to handle and use.
- Unmould the filling out on top of the flatten cake and ball it. Chill it after balling
- Roll the skin into a round shape and cover the cake pop. Before covering let it thaw a little.
- Dust table and mould before pressing it to prevent the skin to stick on the table. Dust off the excess corn flour and it’s done