Martabak is a spicy folded omelette pancake with bits of vegetables and eggs. It is sometimes mixed with green onion and minced meat. Here is a mini version that you can recreate in the comfort of your own home. Let’s get started!
|500g Minced Beef Garlic (finely chopped)|
|1 Big Onion (finely chopped)|
|5 Cloves Garlic (finely chopped)|
|25g Curry Powder|
|1 Carrot (chopped)|
|1 Potato (chopped)|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp Pepper|
|1 Pkt M Popiah skin (frozen)|
- Heat some oil in a pan and put in the onions and garlic, and fry until browned.
- Add the minced beef into the pan and stir well until beef is cooked, and add 1/4cup water.
- Add in the curry powder, carrot, potatoes, salt, and pepper and continue to cook.
- Remove the beef mixture from the pan (drain out any excess water) and put into a bowl, break the eggs into the bowl and stir well
- Put a spoonful of the mixture into the centre of the popiah skin, then fold it to make a square parcel, use a bit of oil and brush to seal it.
- Fry each mini murtabak in a bit of oil in the pan until the skin is crispy brown.