Lemang is a must-eat during Hari Raya. But for those who are craving for it out of the festive season can try this out. Here’s a simple method to cook lemang although we’ve used Pandan leaves instead of banana leaves. Try it out. Konfem sedap!
|500 g Glutinous Rice (pre-soaked 20 minutes)|
|250 ml Coconut Milk|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|Pandan leaves (for additional flavour)|
- Soak the rice for 20 minutes and rinse well.
- Wrap a pandan leaf around your finger and place it in a cup.
- Add the salt to the coconut milk and stir well.
- Then add the rice 3/4 of the way and add the coconut milk even with the rice.
- Place in a steamer for 1 hour on high heat.