Kuih Sago is a dessert that is very popular in Malaysia. Made from tiny tapioca pearls and rose flavouring, this soft and bouncy kuih is then coated with grated coconut. It’s great for any time of the day!
|250g White Sago|
|250g Pandan Sago|
|200g White Sugar|
|1 tbsp Rose Syrup or Rose Water|
|200g Grated Coconut|
|3-4 Pandan Leaves|
- In a steamer, place the grated coconut, and pandan leaves. Steam about 10-15 minutes.
- For the white sago, add the rose syrup. Soak both red and green sago in cold water for at least 1/2 hour. Drain the excess water and add in the 100 grams of sugar each to both green and red sago. Stir until well mixed.
- In a baking tray, pour the red sago and place it in a steamer for 5 minutes until slightly cooked.
- Open the lid, add the green sago, and steam on high heat for 25-30 minutes until the sago turns transparent.
- Let cool completely before cutting into pieces. Then roll in the steamed shredded coconut.
This dessert dish can be served cold too!