This traditional Malay doughnut is also known as Kuih Keria, made with purple sweet potato, just coz we love the white sugar crust on the deep purple colour. This recipe only needs a few ingredients and involves a few steps to make. So, as always, SedapTV is here to show you just how easy it is to make your favourite food at home.
‘Konfem Sedap’ I tell you!
|4 Purple Sweet Potato|
|½ tsp Salt|
|4 Tbsp Wheat Flour|
|1 Cup Water|
- Steam or boil the sweet potatoes until they are very soft.
- Mash the potatoes when cooled, then add salt.
- Add in the flour gradually and mix well into a dough mixture.
- Make round doughnut shapes with the mixture and then fry until lightly browned, then set aside.
- In a clean pan/pot put the water and sugar in and boil until fully dissolved and thickens.
- Add the cooked doughnuts and coat them with the sugar solution, then remove them and the sugar will harden and crystallise when cooled.