Not too sure what to cook tonight? Why not try make our Kuey Teow Goreng, in our usual simple but sedap fashion. A true Malaysian favourite at home, at restaurants, at heart and in our bellies. 😋
|3 Small Red Onion|
|1 Big Red Chili|
|2 Tbsp (Blended) Red Chili|
|1 cup (L) Prawns (remove head and dirt)|
|1kg Cockles (weight with shells)|
|1 tsp Soy Sauce (Thick Mee)|
|1 tsp Soy Sauce (Light salted)|
|1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|1 tsp Fish Sauce|
|1 pkt Kuey Teow|
|1 cup Beansprouts|
|2 stems Kuchai leaves/Chinese Chives|
- Wash and boil the cockles for 10 mins (if you bought them fresh in shells), remove the shells then set aside.
- Heat some oil in a wok and add in sliced onions, garlic and cut chillies, cook about 3 mins until it becomes fragrant.
- Add in the blended red chili and stir briskly another 2 mins.
- Put the prawns & cockles into the wok and stir well
- Add in the sauces - oyster, soya (thick & thin) & fish sauce and mix it in well, add about ¼ cup water to simmer for another 2 mins.
- Crack the eggs and add into the wok breaking it up lightly
- Add in the kuey teow and stir well gently
- Lastly add in the kuchai leaves, beansprouts, salt and do a final stir fry until all well coated. Serve it hot!