Satisfy your sweet tooth and make your own batch of traditional, smooth, and creamy Kaya Pandan! The added bonus here is that your house will smell so good once you’re done. Perfect for spreading on toasted bread which is something that you and your whole family can enjoy together.
|6 Pandan Leaves|
|200 ml Coconut Milk|
|100g Cane Sugar|
- Cut the pandan leaves and place in a blender And pour in the coconut milk. Blend for a few minutes.
- Sieve the pandan leaves and press firmly with the back of a spoon to extract all the coconut milk.
- In a separate beat the eggs and sugar together until frothy.
- Add in the pandan leaves and coconut milk mixture to the eggs and sugar and mix well and transfer in a heatproof bowl.
- On a double-boiler, place the mixture in a heatproof bowl over medium heat and gently whisk for 10-15 minutes. It’s important to keep a low simmer or else the eggs can curdle quickly.
- Transfer the kaya into a clean jar and let cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
You can keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.