We had so much fun making this popular Indian sweet, Kaju Katli, a fudge made out of cashews. Do try this recipe and have a sweet, happy ending to your weekend!
|1½ cup Cashew Nuts|
|¾ cup Sugar|
|1 tsp Ghee|
|¼ tsp Cardamom Powder|
|4 pcs Edible Silver Foil or Silver Vark (optional)|
- Grind cashew until it becomes a fine powder.
- Sieve the cashew powder to ensure that there are no lumps. Grind the remaining if necessary
- In a pan, combine water & sugar on low heat. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the sugar thickens & become stringy
- Next, add the cashew powder into the pan & cook for about 3 mins
- Add ghee & cardamom powder. Continue to fold the dough
- Line baking tin with parchment paper & grease with some ghee
- Pour the dough onto the baking tin & firmly press down.
- Take another piece of parchment paper to press the dough down to get about ½ inch thickness. You may also use a rolling pin.
- Once flattened, add on edible silver foil & let cool & harden for at least 35-40 mins
- Using a ruler, cut into a diamond shape or any shape of your choice.
NB: When grinding the Cashew, make sure to pulse and blend so the powder does not turn into paste