Ikan Kukus Air Asam
Fish is a great source of protein, especially the nutritious mackerel as it proves to be very beneficial for your heart. For those of you who are looking for healthier meals, this would be a good option as absolutely no oil is used. Try this recipe for a delicious, sour and spicy kick while taking care of your waistline!
Quick & Easy
|3-4 Mackerel Fish|
|3 Tamarind Slices|
|2 Tomato (diced)|
|½ Big Onion (diced)|
|4 Chilli Padi|
|1 Big Chilli|
|2 Tbsp Tamarind paste (with a little water)|
|1 inch Belacan (dry fried/grilled)|
|1 tsp Fish Sauce|
|1 ½ tsp Salt|
|1 tsp Sugar|
- Lightly rub the cleaned fish with some salt and put it onto a plate.
- Place the fish in a steamer with some tamarind slices, and steam them for 10 minutes over medium heat. Once cooked, lift the fish out and set aside.
- In a bowl add the tomatoes, chillies, onions, tamarind juice, belacan, fish sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well with a spoon (add salt or sugar if needed).
- Pour the sauce over the fish. Garnish with slices of lemon, sliced onions & coriander if you like.