This spicy recipe will surely take things up a notch as it’s loaded with chili padi and will definitely give you the ultimate spicy kick. It’s then balanced off with a hint of sour tamarind and milky coconut flavour. Get ready for some heat!
|Fish - 400g Catfish/Ikan Keli (clean and wash well with tamarind, salt & water)|
|1 tsp Tamarind Paste|
|1 tsp Turmeric Powder|
|1 tsp Salt|
|3 in Fresh Turmeric|
|10 Green Chili padi|
|½ cup Water|
|2 tbsp Cooking Oil|
|2 stalks Lemongrass (bruised)|
|400ml Coconut Milk|
|1 tbsp Chicken Stock Granules|
|1 tsp Salt|
- Marinate cleaned fish by rubbing them with the tamarind paste, turmeric powder and salt, and leave for 15 minutes (or longer, if possible 1 hour).
- Heat up some oil in a wok (deep enough to cover the fish), when oil is hot then place the fish carefully in and fry until crispy (about 2 - 3 minutes on each side).
- Blend the chillies, turmeric and water together until smooth.
- In a clean wok add 2 tbsp oil then fry the lemongrass, then add the blended chillies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add in the coconut milk, chicken stock and salt and stir occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Finally add in the fried fish and cook for another 7 minutes, and serve hot with rice.