We know you all love idli! So we are excited to share our delicious way to cook it to impress your guests. Perfect to eat with some Dhal or favourite curry.
It’s not too complicated, but the method to getting it right does take a little patience la. The good thing is, this recipe lets you make tosai from it too, plus you can keep the mixture for 2 weeks in the fridge, and use it gradually whenever you want. So #cubatry k.
|1 tsp Fenugreek seeds|
|1 cup white Urid Dhal|
|3 cups Idli rice|
|1 cup of Poha (flattened rice)|
|½ tbsp Salt|
|1 cup Water|
- Soak idli rice, urid dhal & fenugreek seeds for 5 hrs
- Strain water then blend this rice mixture until fine, add a little water if needed.
- Wash the Poha (flattened rice) and soak it for 5 mins, then add it to the blender with the earlier rice mixture and some salt.
- Pour it into a large bowl/pot and set it aside for 8-10 hrs.
- Brush a little oil on the idli pan steamer when it's been heated.
- Fill up each mould with the rice mixture and steam for about 10 mins, carefully remove the idli and serve while hot.
NB* Only take your required amount needed, you can keep the rest in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Add water to the amount you want until it is easy for you to pour. For tosai just use a flat pan and spread thinly onto pan til cooked on both sides.