This is a light, simple, and absolutely delicious dish! We’ve said it before…and we’ll say it again, this really is a super easy meal to make. Also, such a heartwarming dish to enjoy during this rainy season. Very flavourful, this light broth is wonderfully combined with bouncy fish balls, some tofu puffs, beansprouts, and a sprinkle of spring onions. Feel free to add some chilies, chicken, and anything else that you feel like too. Then sit back and savour.
|2 Tbsp Cooking Oil|
|2 Cloves Garlic Cloves|
|1 Onion (Medium)|
|100g Mee Hoon (Vermicelli Noodles)|
|2 Cups Bean Sprouts|
|70g Fried Tofu Puffs|
|2 Spring Onions|
|100g Fish Balls|
|1 Tsp Salt|
|1 Tsp White Pepper|
|1 Tbsp Chicken Stock|
|1 Tsp Soya Sauce|
|2 L Water|
- Fry Onions and Garlic until fragrant.
- Add 1 liter of water.
- Insert the fish balls until they are cooked (5 mins) then add the fried onions and garlic.
- Then add the chicken stock, white pepper, salt, and soya sauce.
- Boil for 5 mins, remove and set aside.
- Soak the Mee Hoon in boiling water for 2 mins. Then submerge in cold water to cool.
- Then serve in a bowl with, tofu puffs, beansprouts, soup, and top with greens onions.
- Red and green chillies as an option.