Eggplant (Aubergine) Sambal is a favoured dish all around South East Asia. This pretty purple chilli dish is spicy yet sweet, and in our usual SedapTV style, it’s so easy to make. And, if you’re cooking for just yourself, you can keep any left over sambal sauce, and fry it up another day in your other favourite vegetables.
|3 Small Eggplant|
|2 Big Red Chillies (1 Chilli Pounded, 1 Sliced)|
|1 Red Onion|
|2 Cloves Garlic|
|1 Tbsp Dried Prawns|
|1 Tsp Belacan|
|1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce|
|1 Tsp Fish Sauce|
- Pound in a pestle & mortar (or blend) - 1 Red Chilli, Onion, Garlic, Dried Prawns & Belacan.
- Heat up a little oil in a pan, then add in the eggplants and lightly fry for about 2 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the pan.
- In a new pan heat 3 tbsp of oil and add in the blended ingredients, until fragrant, then add in the remainder sliced chili, oyster sauce, and fish sauce.
- Finally, add in the eggplant, and mix lightly for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and serve.