Why not brighten up your weekend and make this easy dessert for the fam. Dragon fruit also known as Pitaya, is claimed to be on of the superfoods list filled with health benefits. This recipe is #sosimplesosedap (and #socantik) to make especially with the additonal bite you get with Sago pearls, so why not add it to your tea time line up.
|½ Dragon Fruit|
|200ml Coconut Milk|
|1 tsp Cornstarch|
|1 tsp Konnyaku Jelly Powder|
|2 tsp Agar-Agar Powder|
|¼ tsp Salt|
- Cut and blend the dragon fruit, then strain the juice and keep aside.
- In a pot heat up some water until it boils, then pour in the sago pearls.
- Cook for about 15 mins until they start becoming translucent, then turn off the heat and let them soak for another 15 mins.
- Use a sieve to drain the sago under running water to remove the starch, then add the sago pearls to the dragon fruit juice and mix well, then sieve once more and set this aside.
- In a clean pot, pour in 400ml water and coconut milk and stir. Then add in the sugar, cornflour, konnyaku jelly powder, agar-agar- powder and salt then bring it to a boil while whisking constantly to remove all the lumps.
- Turn off the heat and add in the sago-dragon fruit mixture and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into a suitable jelly mould or tray (we used a glass tray 4” x 9”) and let it cool, once cool put it in the fridge for about 2-3 hrs until it has set. Then cut to serve.