This recipe for prawn fritters is just simply delicious and so easy to prepare. Often eaten as a snack or for teatime, it’s always a hit in any home.
Quick & Easy
|500 g Wheat Flour|
|100 g Rice Flour|
|1 cup Kucai leaves|
|2 cup Beansprouts|
|1 big Red Chili|
|2 tsp Turmeric Powder|
|2 tsp Salt|
|2 tsp Chicken Stock|
|1 tsp Baking Powder|
|3½ cup Water|
|Vegetable Cooking Oil|
- Put the salt, chicken stock and baking powder into the Wheat flour, then whisk/stir briskly.
- Then add onions, garlic, kucai, carrots and beansprouts, and mix together well.
- Gradually add the water into the mixture, stirring well in between. If it becomes too watery just add some wheat flour.
- Heat up the oil in the wok, which should be almost 1⁄2 full. Using a large spoon or spatula scoop the mixture and then add one prawn onto it (remove the shell and head of the Prawns). Carefully drop the mixture into the oil.
- Fry the fritters until the become golden brown and cooked through, then remove from oil.
- Prepare your favourite tomato or chilli sauce to dip the fritters into and savour each bite.