We love durian season!! 😍 Are you a durian lover? If you are, it’s your lucky day – today’s recipe shows you how to use this delicious fruit to make a #sosimplesosedap breakfast/afternoon snack 🌞 It’s important to note that the heat shouldn’t be on too high cause you need to give them a chance to brown and cook inside to get a crunchy bite with fluffiness inside! It’s soooo sedap! Try it out and tag us in your creation!
|120g Self Raising Flour|
|1 tbsp Rice Flour|
|40g Caster Sugar|
|1 tsp Salt|
|½ cup Coconut Cream|
|225g Durian Flesh (about 8 or 10 pcs)|
|1 tbsp Icing Sugar|
|2 cups Cooking Oil (or enough to cover the durian fritters)|
- Remove the seeds from the durian and mash the flesh lightly with a fork and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the self-raising flour, rice flour and caster sugar together then mix well.
- Then add in the durian flesh, which should be gently mashed, and stir well.
- Then add in the coconut milk and salt and stir again until well combined.
- Heat up some oil in a pot on low heat then gently drop one teaspoonful of the mixture into the oil, keep adding one teaspoon at a time, and fry until they are golden brown.
- Check and turn them regularly to cook them evenly all around for about 1 min each.
- Remove the durian fritters as they cook from the pot and allow them to cool on kitchen paper.
- Serve with some icing sugar sprinkled on top.